Use in children aged 6-12 years:
• The recommended dose is 5mg twice daily as a half tablet twice daily.
Adults and adolescents aged 12 years and over:
• The recommended dose is 10mg once daily as one tablet daily. If the tablets make you
feel drowsy or dizzy, taking half a tablet twice a day may be better than taking one
tablet once a day.
The tablets need to be swallowed with a glass of liquid. The tablet can be divided into
equal doses. Do not take more than one tablet each day.
Rarely, pruritus (intense itching) and/or urticaria may return if you stop taking Cetirizine Tablets.
The active substance is cetirizine; each tablet contains 10 mg of cetirizine
dihydrochloride. The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, lactose
monohydrate, crospovidone, anhydrous colloidal silica, magnesium stearate,
hypromellose (E464), titanium dioxide (E171) and polyethylene glycol (macrogol 400).
Like all medicines, cetirizine tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects are rare or very rare, but you must stop taking the tablets
and speak to your doctor straight away if you notice them:
• Allergic reactions, including severe reactions and angioedema (serious allergic reaction
which causes swelling of the face or throat). These reactions may start soon after you
first take the medicine, or it might start later.
Common Cetirizine side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 patients)
• Somnolence (sleepiness)
• Dizziness, headache
• Pharyngitis, rhinitis (in children)
• Diarrhoea, nausea, dry mouth
Uncommon side effects of cetirizine (may affect up to 1 in 100 patients)
• Paraesthesia (abnormal feelings of the skin)
• Abdominal pain
• Pruritus (itchy skin), rash
• Asthenia (extreme fatigue), malaise
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 patients)
• Allergic reactions, some severe (very rare)
• Depression, hallucination, aggression, confusion,
• Tachycardia (heart beating too fast)
• Liver function abnormal
• Urticaria (hives)
• Oedema (swelling)
• Weight increased
Very rare side effects of cetirizine (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 patients)
• Thrombocytopenia (low levels of blood platelets)
• Tics (habit spasm)
• Syncope, dyskinesia (involuntary movements), dystonia (abnormal prolonged muscular
contractions), tremor, dysgeusia (altered taste)
• Blurred vision, accommodation disorder (difficulty focusing), oculogyration (eyes
having uncontrolled circular movements)
• Abnormal elimination of urine (bed wetting, pain and/or difficulty passing water)
• Angioedema (a serious allergic reaction which causes swelling of the face or throat), fixed drug Eruption
Not known frequency of side effects (frequency cannot be estimated from the available
• Joint pain
• Increased appetite
• Suicidal ideation (recurring thoughts of or preoccupation with suicide), nightmare
• Amnesia, memory impairment
• Vertigo (sensation of rotation or movement)
• Urinary retention (inability to completely empty the urinary bladder)
• Pruritus (intense itching) and/or urticaria upon discontinuation
• Rash with blisters containing pus
• Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
Mission UTI Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips are for the detection of Leukocytes and Nitrite in the urine.
The easy to use strips are used as an aid in the screening of urinary tract infection (UTI).
Each pack contains:
Food supplement Riboess ( vitamin b2) 100mg capsules
Temporarily hold lost fillings and inlays in place until you have a chance to visit the dentist with DenTek Temparin Max.
Ascorbic Acid Tablets contain ascorbic acid. Ascorbic acid is a form of vitamin C. It
is used as a supplement to supports multiple bodily processes and helps to keep us feeling physically and mentally well.
The body needs Vitamin D for bones as we need it to absorb calcium and we also need it for the normal functioning of the immune system as well as for muscle function.
These Careway supplements contain 25µg of vitamin D per tablet.
Nurofen for Children Strawberry 7 – 12 years Double Strength 200mg/5ml Oral Suspension is a liquid ibuprofen suspensions that provides pain and fever relief for children 7yrs – 12yrs and weighing over 20kg.
• Suitable for children over the age of 7
• Starts to get to work in 15 minutes to relieve fever
• Up to 8 hours fever relief
• Sugar & colour free
• Spoon for accurate and easy dosing
Double Strenght Ibuprofen suspension 200mg/5ml
Paracetamol suspension for children 3 plus months
Paracetamol 120mg suspension, Generic of Calpol
Brand might differ from the image shownLearn More
Emla Cream temporarily numbs skin for pain relief during injections
Emla cream should be best used for procedures which use needles, including injections
Emla cream gets to work within 60 minutes
• Includes one 5g tube of cream (non-absorbent dressings should be purchased separately)
Constella (Linaclotide) is used to treat certain types of bowel problems (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation, chronic idiopathic constipation).Learn More