Amlodipine 10MG Tablets contain the active substance amlodipine which belongs to a group of medicines called calcium antagonists.
Amlodipine Tablets may be used to treat:
• high blood pressure (hypertension); and
• a certain type of chest pain called angina, a rare form of which is Prinzmetal’s or variant angina.
In patients with high blood pressure, these medicines work by relaxing blood vessels, so that blood passes through them more easily. In patients
with angina, amlodipine works by improving blood supply to the heart muscle which then receives more oxygen and as a result chest pain is prevented. Amlodipine Tablets do not immediately relieve chest pain caused by angina.
Swallow these tablets with a glass of water at the same time each day. You
can take the tablets either before or after meals.
Follow your doctor’s instructions. Check the pharmacy label to see how
many tablets to take and how often to take them. If you are still not sure,
ask your pharmacist or doctor. The usual doses are described below.
One 5mg tablet once a day. Your doctor may increase the dose to one
10mg tablet once a day.
Children and adolescents
For children and adolescents, (6-17 years old), the recommended usual
starting dose is 2.5mg a day. The maximum recommended dose is 5mg a
day. Amlodipine 2.5mg is not currently available and the 2.5mg dose
cannot be obtained with Amlodipine 5mg or 10mg Tablets as these tablets
are not manufactured to break into two equal halves.
As for adults (one 5mg tablet a day). Your doctor will closely monitor your
response to any increase in the dose.
Patients with liver disease
Your doctor may give you a different dose to normal.
Like all medicines, Amlodipine Tablets can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them.
If any of the following reactions happen, stop taking Amlodipine
Tablets and tell your doctor immediately or contact the casualty
department at your nearest hospital:
• swelling of the eyelids, face, lips
• swelling of the tongue and throat which causes great difficulty breathing
• sudden wheeziness, chest pain, difficulty breathing or swallowing
• severe skin reactions including itching, rash, peeling of the skin and
extensive reddening, blistering or swelling of the skin, inflammation of
mucous membranes (Stevens-Johnson syndrome) or other allergic
• heart attack, abnormal heart beat,
• inflamed pancreas which can cause severe abdominal and back
pain accompanied with feeling very unwell.
Other known side effects are as follows. Tell your doctor if you notice or
are worried by any of the side effects listed.
Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
• headache, drowsiness, dizziness (especially at the start of treatment)
• flushing of the face and feeling hot
• feeling sick, stomach ache
• palpitations (irregular or forceful heart beat)
• swollen ankles
Uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000)
• enlargement or discomfort of the breasts in men
• a general feeling of being unwell, weakness
• change in taste, dry mouth
• involuntary shakiness, numbness, tingling or pins and needles
• loss of pain sensation
• increased sweating
• sight problems, double vision
• problems sleeping, irritability, depression, mood changes
• low blood pressure
• sneezing/runny nose caused by inflammation of the lining of the nose
• being sick, diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion
• itchy skin, red patches on skin, skin discolouration
• hair loss
• muscle cramps, back, muscle or joint pain
• passing urine more often, night time urinating
• inability to obtain an erection
• weight loss or gain
• ringing in the ears
Rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000)
Very rare (affects less than 1 user in 10,000)
• decreased numbers of white blood cells, decrease in blood platelets
which may result in unusual bruising or easy bleeding
• raised blood sugar levels (hyperglycaemia)
• problems feeling through fingers and toes due to nerve problems
• inflammation of the blood vessels, often with skin rash
• abdominal bloating (gastritis)
• swollen gums
• raised liver enzymes (detected in a blood test), yellowing of the skin or
whites of the eyes (jaundice, hepatitis)
• increased muscle tension
• sensitivity to light
• disorders combining rigidity, tremor and/or movement disorders
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any other effects not
What Amlodipine Tablets contain
• The active substance is amlodipine as amlodipine mesilate monohydrate.
Each tablet contains 5mg or 10mg of amlodipine.
• The other ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous calcium
hydrogen phosphate, sodium starch glycolate type A and magnesium
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Amlodipine tablets 5mg contains the active substance amlodipine which belongs to a group of medicines called calcium antagonists.Learn More
Nitrofurantoin (the active substance in MacroBID) is an antibiotic.
It is used to prevent and treat infections of the bladder, kidney and other parts of the urinary tract.Learn More
COSOPT iMulti eye drops solution is a sterile solution that does not contain a preservative. it has 1 2 months shelf life one opened.
Dioctyl Capsules contains the active substance docusate sodium, it is one of a group of medicines called ‘laxatives’.
They are usually taken to prevent and treat constipation that has lasted for a long time. It may also be taken during certain types of stomach X-rays, or to help you go to the toilet if you have piles (haemorrhoids).
Active Ingredients: Each capsule contains Docusate sodium 100mg.
Ideal for those following a Vegetarian or Vegan diet.
Reduces tiredness and fatigue.
PICOLAX is indicated in adults, adolescents, and children from the age of 1 year:
– To clean the bowel prior to an X-ray examination or endoscopy.
Stock available from 1st December
– To clean the bowel prior to surgery when judged clinically necessaryLearn More
Cetraben Emollient Bath Additive helps soothe and moisturise problematic, dry, and eczema prone skin.Learn More
Cetraben Ointment effectively hydrates sensitive or eczema prone skinLearn More
Cetraben Cream helps treat dry skin conditions such as eczema.Learn More