Fast relief from hayfever and other allergies
Suitable for Infants, Children, and Adults
Active Ingredients: chlorphenamine maleate 2mg/5ml
Alleviate your allergy symptoms with Piriton Syrup! Chlorphenamine maleate is an antihistamine that can help to relieve the symptoms of some allergies and itchy skin rashes. Don’t let your allergies get the best of you – try Piriton Syrup today!
Looking for relief from hayfever and other allergies? Look no further than Piriton Syrup. Chlorphenamine maleate, the active ingredient in Piriton, is a powerful antihistamine that can help to relieve your symptoms. So next time the pollen count is high, make sure you have a bottle of Piriton Syrup on hand.
Piriton can be used to treat the itchiness, redness, swelling, tenderness and irritation that can be causedby:
• hayfever and other allergies e.g. pet, house dust mite and mould spore allergies
• nettle rash and hives
• skin allergies and dermatitis
• prickly heat and heat rash
• reactions to food, food additives or medicines
• insect bites and stings
• the itchy rash of chickenpox
Allergies are very common. They’re thought to affect more than 1 in 4 people at some point during their lives, with allergies most often occurring when we were children and then staying a part of our lifetime; however many go away on there own accord as an adult unless triggered by something new like pollen season or food items that did not trigger them before such peanut butter (a favorite snack among kids)
An allergy is a reaction produced by the body’s immune system when exposed to a normally harmless substance.
Ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding
After using Piriton Syrup, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
The price of Piriton Syrup is £4.45
You can buy Piriton Syrup at Dock Pharmacy Essex UK, UK Online Pharmacy.
This medicine is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Piriton Syrup but you might be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket
How To Use
Age Dosage Maximum in 24 hours
1-2 years One 2.5 ml spoonful twice daily Two 2.5 ml spoonfuls (5 ml)
2-6 years One 2.5 ml spoonful every 4-6 hours Six 2.5 ml spoonfuls (15 ml)
6-12 years One 5 ml spoonful every 4-6 hours Six 5 ml spoonfuls (30 ml)
• Do not take more than the recommended dose.
• The minimum time interval between doses should be 4 hours.
• Do not use continuously for more than 14 days without consulting a doctor.
• Do not give to children under 12 months.
If you or a child take too much syrup
Contact your doctor or casualty department. Do not drive if you have taken too much.
If you forget to take the syrup
Take a dose as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time to take the next one.
Never take two doses together.
If your symptoms persist, see your doctor
Adults and children
over 12 years Two 5 ml spoonfuls (10 ml) every 4-6 hours Twelve 5 ml spoonfuls (60 ml)
Elderly Two 5 ml spoonfuls (10 ml) every 4-6 hours Six 5 ml spoonfuls (30 ml)
Elderly: Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you take this syrup as you may be more likely
to get side effects including confusion and you may need to take a lower daily dose.
Do not take Piriton Syrup:
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to antihistamines or any of the ingredients
• if you have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) prescribed for depression in the last two weeks
• if you are taking other medicines containing antihistamines, including products for the relief of colds and coughs
Take special care with Piriton Syrup
• Talk to your doctor before you take this syrup if you have very high
blood pressure, heart disease, epilepsy, glaucoma, enlarged prostate,
liver disease, kidney disease, bronchitis, asthma, bronchiectasis or chronic lung
disorders (difficulty in breathing and cough that won’t go away).
• Avoid drinking alcohol with this medicine.
• Do not drive or operate machinery if the syrup makes you feel drowsy, dizzy
or if you experience blurred vision.
• Piriton Syrup contains 6.3% v/v ethanol (alcohol), similar to 6.3 ml beer or 2.6 ml wine per 5 ml spoonful. This could be harmful if you suffer from alcoholism. This should also be considered if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, in children and high-risk groups such as patients with
liver disease or epilepsy.
• Clean your teeth regularly. The syrup contains sucrose and long term use could increase the risk of tooth decay.
• If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using Piriton Syrup.
• Piriton Syrup contains 2.36 g of sucrose per 5 ml. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
If you are taking other medicines
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this syrup if you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly phenytoin (for epilepsy) or medicines for anxiety or to help you sleep.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Talk to your doctor before taking the Piriton Syrup if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Like all medicines, Piriton Syrup can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
Children and older people are more prone to side effects.
Stop using this product and consult your doctor if you experience:
Allergic reaction which can be severe. Signs include:
• Raised and itchy rash (hives)
• Swelling, sometimes of the face or mouth causing difficulty in breathing
These reactions are rare.
Possible side effects:
Very Common (affects more than 1 in 10 people)
• drowsiness and sedation
Common (affects between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people)
• disturbance in concentrating, un-coordination, dizziness, headache
• blurred vision
feeling or being sick, dry mouth
Other side effects may include: allergic reactions, swelling of the skin, loss of
appetite, confusion, excitation, irritability, nightmares, low blood pressure,
thickening of phlegm, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, indigestion or
upset stomach, itchy skin, rash, sensitivity to the sun, muscle twitching, muscle
weakness, difficulty passing water, chest tightness, low blood count, bruising,
hepatitis (severe stomach pain, nausea or vomiting and loss of appetite and/or
jaundice (yellow colouring of the skin or the whites of the eyes)).
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes
any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects
directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search
for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side
effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Active ingredient Each 5 ml dose contains Chlorphenamine Maleate 2 mg.
Other ingredients Sucrose, glycerol, ethanol, tingle flavour, peppermint oil,
water and, as a preservative, a mixture of methyl, ethyl and propyl
hydroxybenzoates (E 218, E 214 and E 216).
Methyl, ethyl and propyl hydroxybenzoates (E 218, E 214 and E 216)
may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed)
Please read before using the product
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
To relieve the symptoms of:
• Easy to use
• As effective as physiotherapy
• Small and lightweight
• Suitable for both adults and children
• Easy to clean
They may be used to treat:
£5.60 – £68.60
£5.60 – £68.60