Treatment of acute bacterial conjunctivitis
Suitable for Adults and Children 2 years and over
Active Ingredient: Chloramphenicol 1% w/w.
Out of stock
If you’re suffering from bacterial conjunctivitis, then you need Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment. This powerful ointment contains chloramphenicol, an antibiotic that quickly clears up the infection. Simply apply it to the affected area and you’ll start to feel relief from the symptoms in no time.
Suffering from bacterial conjunctivitis can be a real pain. The symptoms – redness, itching, and discharge – can make it tough to get through the day. But with Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment, you can get relief from those symptoms fast. The ointment quickly goes to work, clearing up the infection and bringing you back to feeling
Bacterial Conjunctivitis is a bacterial infection that affects the outer surface of the eye. The most common type of infection in this area is called acute bacterial conjunctivitis. When you have acute bacterial conjunctivitis the white part of
one or both of your eyes will be red and /or your eyelids will be red or swollen. There will be a sticky
discharge, which can make the eye difficult to open in the morning and the eye may feel ‘gritty’ or ‘irritated’
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding
Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment Reviews
After using Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
The price of Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment is £7.20
You can buy Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment at Dock Pharmacy Essex UK, UK Online Pharmacy.
This medicine is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment but you might be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket.
128 Dock Road, Tilbury, Essex, RM18 7BJ
To be used in the eye(s) only.
1. Check the tube seal is not broken before first using the eye ointment.
2. Wash and dry your hands 3. Remove the cap. Take special care that the nozzle of the tube does not touch your eye, the skin around your eye or your fingers.
4. Use a mirror, this will help you see what you are doing
5. Place the nozzle of the tube close to your eye.
Gently pull the lower eyelid downwards and look up.
6. Squeeze the tube gently and apply about 1cm of the ointment to the space between the lower eyelid and the eye.
7. Close for a moment 8. When both eyes are to be treated, repeat
9. Replace the cap securely after use.
Whilst applying the ointment, do not
• Breathe on or touch the nozzle of the tube
• Touch the eyes or eyelids with the nozzle of the tube
• Share your ointment with anyone else
For external use only
The dose is a small amount of ointment (approx 1cm) to be applied to the affected eye(s)
If you are using drops during the day and the ointment at night – apply the ointment at night, before going to bed.
If you are using just the ointment – apply 3 to 4 times a day.
Length of treatment
The course of treatment is 5 days. Keep using the eye ointment for
5 days, do not stop just because you feel better – this could make your condition worse.
Do not use this product if you • are allergic to chloramphenicol or any of the ingredients shown under section 6 “Contents of
the pack and other information”
• have ever had problems with your blood (in particular with low numbers of blood cells) during previous treatmentswith chloramphenicol
• have a family history of blood problems such as low white blood cell, red blood cell or platelet count.
Do not use this product and seek advice from a doctor if
• your eyesight is affected (loss of sight, reduced vision, blurred vision or halos around lights)
• you have painwithin the eye
• your eye has suffered a blow or other injury
• your eye is inflamed and you have a rash on the scalp or face
• the pupil of your eye looks unusual or your eye looks cloudy
• your eyes are sensitive to light
• you have (or think you have) a foreign body in
your eye, which has not been removed
• you have recently had an eye infection
• you suffer from or have ever suffered from glaucoma or dry eye syndrome
• you wear contact lenses. If you wear contact lenses and your contact lens practitioner or doctor has advised you to use this product, do not wear your lenses during the course of treatment. Wear your glasses instead. Soft contact lenses should not be replaced for 24 hours after completing the treatment.
• you are using any other eye drops or eye ointment
• you have had eye surgery or laser treatment in the last
Tell your pharmacist before using this product if you
• suffer from any other eye problems.
• are taking any other medicines
Other medicines and Optrex Bacterial
Conjunctivitis 1% w/w Eye Ointment
If you are taking bone marrow depressant medicines (medicines which decrease the activity of the bone marrow, causing low blood cell counts) such as azathioprine or receiving chemotherapy,
seek the advice of your pharmacist or your doctor
before using this product.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding tell your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
Driving and operating machinery
After using the eye ointment, you may temporarily
get blurred vision. Do not drive or operate
machinery until your vision is clear.
If in doubt, talk to your pharmacist or doctor.
. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them. Some
people may get one or more of these side effects.
Some effects happen straight away but do not last
long – others may only happen after several days of
Possible side effects include : • allergic reactions such as itching or rashes. If you get a severe reaction, with swelling or breathing
problems get medical help straight away.
• changes in the blood (anaemia) leading to severe
tiredness or easy bruising. Stop using the
treatment and consult your doctor if you
experience these effects.
• The use of topical chloramphenicol may
occasionally result in the overgrowth of other non
susceptible organisms including funghi. If any new
infection appears during treatment you should tell
your doctor. • blurred vision or mild burning or stingingwhen
you put the ointment in. These should subside
If you do not feel well or are worried about your
health, talk to a pharmacist or doctor.
If any of the side effects get serious or if you
experience any side effect not listed in this leaflet
please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor,
pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible
side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also
report side effects directly via the Yellow Card
Scheme at : www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
By reporting side effects you can help provide more
information on the safety of this medicine
The active substance is chloramphenicol. One gram of ointment contains 10 mg of chloramphenicol. The other ingredients are liquid paraffin and white petroleum.
Replace the cap securely after use. Store below
Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of
children. Do not use after the ‘use by’ date shown
on the tube and end of the carton.
Discard any unused ointment after completing your 5 day course of treatment
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater
or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to
throw away medicines you no longer use. These
measures will help protect the environment.
Please read before using the product
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
Treatment of minor infections associated with the eyes or eyelids
Disinfectants and Antifungals
Suitable for Adults and ChildrenLearn More
£149.00 – £289.00
Wegovy Injection – Semaglutide Injection – Weight Loss Weekly Injection available in 5 strengths:
£149.00 – £289.00
GlucoRx Aidex Transmitter Introducing the GlucoRx Aidex Transmitter – Your Ultimate Glucose Monitoring Companion! Stay on top of your glucose levels effortlessly with the groundbreaking GlucoRx Aidex Transmitter. Engineered for precision and designed for convenience, this reusable transmitter is a vital component of the GlucorX AiDEX CGM System, your pathway to proactive glucose management. Long-Lasting […]Learn More
GlucoRx Aidex Sensor Introducing the GlucoRx Aidex Sensor – Your Ultimate Glucose Monitoring Solution! Are you tired of the constant hassle of pricking your finger to check your blood glucose levels? Say hello to the future of diabetes management with the GlucoRx Aidex Sensor. Meticulously crafted with state-of-the-art technology and unwavering precision, these sensors have […]Learn More
GlucoRx Aidex CGM Kit content:
£24.75 – £36.50
Humulin M3 is available in 3 formats:
£24.75 – £36.50
Levemir FlexPen – Insulin Detemir Pre-filled Pen, 5 x 3ml Introducing the Levemir FlexPen – Your Partner in Diabetes Management Managing diabetes has never been easier with the cutting-edge Levemir FlexPen, featuring the advanced insulin analogue – Insulin Detemir. Crafted to empower individuals of all ages with diabetes mellitus, the Levemir FlexPen is your key […]Learn More
£17.49 – £35.49
£17.49 – £35.49