Treatment of Heartburn & acid reflux symptoms
24 Hour Protection
Suitable for adults and children over 18 years
Active Ingredients: Esomeprazole 20mg
Nexium Control Capsules is a powerful new option for the relief of heartburn. It offers 24-hour protection and reduces stomach acid at the source to help provide relief all day and all night. If you’re looking for an alternative to short-term relief products such as antacids and alginates, Nexium Control may be right for you.
Nexium Control is a breakthrough product that offers 24-hour protection against heartburn. It is different from other over-the-counter remedies, because it reduces stomach acid at the source to provide relief all day and all night. So if you’re looking for long-term, effective relief from your heartburn, Nexium Control is the answer.
Nexium is a great choice for those who suffer from heartburn and other gastrointestinal problems. For short-term treatment of reflux symptoms (e.g., acid regurgitation), treat with 20 mg Nexium control capsules that provide continuous relief up to 24 hours!
When acid from your stomach travels up into your oesophagus, it can cause a burning sensation in the chest. The burning feeling in your chest is caused by stomach acid traveling up towards the throat (acid reflux).
Heartburn is a burning feeling in the chest caused by stomach acid traveling up towards your throat (acid reflux). If it keeps happening, then you might have gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding
After using Nexium Control Capsules, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
The price of Nexium Control Capsules is £11.23
You can buy Nexium Control Capsules at Dock Pharmacy Essex UK, UK Online Pharmacy.
Nexium Control Capsules is available to buy over the counter.
The recommended dose is one capsule a day.
• Do not take more than this recommended dose of one capsule (20 mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately.
• You may need to take the capsules for 2 or 3 days in a row before your reflux symptoms (for example, heartburn
and acid regurgitation) get better.
• The treatment length is up to 14 days
Do not take Nexium Control
– If you are allergic to esomeprazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in
– If you are allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole,
lansoprazole, rabeprazole or omeprazole).
– If you are taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection).
Do not take this medicine if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or
pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor before taking Nexium Control if:
• You have had a stomach ulcer or stomach surgery in the past.
• You have been taking treatment continuously for reflux or heartburn for 4 or more weeks.
• You have jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes) or severe liver problems.
• You have severe kidney problems.
• You are aged over 55 years and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms or need to take
a non-prescription indigestion or heartburn remedy treatment every day.
• You have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine similar to Nexium Control that
reduces stomach acid.
• You are due to have an endoscopy or a urea breath test.
• You are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
Tell your doctor immediately before or after taking this medicine, if you notice any of the following
symptoms, which could be a sign of another, more serious, disease.
• You lose a lot of weight for no reason.
• You have problems or pain when swallowing.
• You get stomach pain or signs of indigestion such as nausea, fullness, bloating especially after
• You begin to vomit food or blood, which may appear as dark coffee grounds in your vomit.
• You pass black stools (blood-stained faeces).
• You have severe or persistent diarrhoea; esomeprazole has been associated with a small
increased risk of infectious diarrhoea.
• You get a rash on your skin, especially in areas exposed to the sun tell your doctor as soon as
you can, as you may need to stop your treatment with Nexium Control. Remember to also
mention any other ill-effects like pain in your joints.
Seek urgent medical attention if you experience chest pain with light-headedness, sweating, dizziness
or shoulder pain with shortness of breath. This could be a sign of a serious condition with your heart.
If any of the above apply to you (or you are not sure), talk to your doctor straight away.
Children and adolescents
This medicine should not be used by children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Other medicines and Nexium Control
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other
medicines. This is because this medicine can affect the way some medicines work and some medicines
can have an effect on it.
Do not take this medicine if you are also taking a medicine containing nelfinavir (used to treat HIV
You should specifically tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking clopidogrel (used to prevent
Do not take this medicine with other medicines that limit the amount of acid produced in your stomach
such as proton pump inhibitors (e.g. pantoprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole or omeprazole) or an H2
antagonist (e.g. ranitidine or famotidine).
You may take this medicine with antacids (e.g. magaldrate, alginic acid, sodium bicarbonate,
aluminium hydroxide, magnesium carbonate or combinations of these) if needed.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medicines:
• Ketoconazole and itraconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus)
• Voriconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus) and clarithromycin (used to treat
infections). Your doctor may adjust your dose of Nexium Control if you also have severe liver
problems and are treated for a long period of time.
• Erlotinib (used to treat cancer)
• Methotrexate (used to treat cancer and rheumatic disorders)
• Digoxin (used for heart problems)
• Atazanavir, saquinavir (used to treat HIV infection)
• Citalopram, imipramine or clomipramine (used to treat depression)
• Diazepam (used to treat anxiety, relax muscles or in epilepsy)
• Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy)
• Medicines that are used to thin your blood, such as warfarin. Your doctor may need to monitor
you when you start or stop taking Nexium Control
• Cilostazol (used to treat intermittent claudication – a condition where poor blood supply to the
leg muscles causes pain and difficulty in walking)
• Cisapride (used for indigestion and heartburn)
• Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis)
• Tacrolimus (in cases of organ transplantation)
• St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) (used to treat depression)
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
As a precautionary measure, you should preferably avoid the use of Nexium Control during
pregnancy. You should not use this medicine during breast-feeding.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask
your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
Nexium Control has a low likelihood of affecting your ability to drive or use machines. However, side
effects such as dizziness and visual disturbances may uncommonly occur (see section 4). If affected,
you should not drive or use machines.
Nexium Control contains sucrose and sodium
Nexium Control contains sugar spheres, which contain sucrose, a type of sugar. If you have been told
by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
Nexium Control contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23 mg) per tablet, that is to say essentially
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you notice any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Nexium Control and contact a doctor immediately:
• Sudden wheezing, swelling of your lips, tongue and throat, rash, fainting or difficulties in swallowing (severe allergic reaction, seen rarely)
• Reddening of the skin with blisters or peeling. There may also be severe blisters and bleeding in the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals. This could be ‘Stevens-Johnson syndrome’ or ‘toxic epidermal necrolysis’, seen very rarely.
• Yellow skin, dark urine and tiredness, which can be symptoms of liver problems, seen rarely.
Talk to your doctor as soon as possible if you experience any of the following signs of infection:
This medicine may in very rare cases affect the white blood cells leading to immune deficiency. If you have an infection with symptoms such as fever with a severely reduced general condition or fever with symptoms of a local infection such as pain in the neck, throat or mouth or difficulties in urinating, you must consult your doctor as soon as possible so that a lack of white blood cells (agranulocytosis) can be ruled out by a blood test. It is important for you to give information about your medicine at this
Other side effects include:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• Effects on your stomach or gut: diarrhoea, stomach ache, constipation, wind (flatulence).
• Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
• Benign growths (polyps) in the stomach.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• Swelling of the feet and ankles.
• Disturbed sleep (insomnia), feeling sleepy.
• Dizziness, tingling feelings such as “pins and needles”.
Spinning feeling (vertigo).
• Dry mouth.
• Increased liver enzymes shown in blood tests that check how the liver is working.
• Skin rash, lumpy rash (hives) and itchy skin.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
• Blood problems such as a reduced number of white blood cells or platelets. This can cause
weakness, bruising or make infections more likely.
• Low levels of sodium in the blood. This may cause weakness, being sick (vomiting) and cramps
• Feeling agitated, confused or depressed.
• Taste changes.
• Eyesight problems such as blurred vision.
• Suddenly feeling wheezy or short of breath (bronchospasm).
• An inflammation on the inside of the mouth.
• An infection called “thrush” which can affect the gut and is caused by a fungus.
• Hair loss (alopecia).
• Skin rash on exposure to sunshine.
• Joint pain (arthralgia) or muscle pain (myalgia).
• Generally feeling unwell and lacking energy.
• Increased sweating.
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• Low numbers of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets (a condition called
• Seeing, feeling or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations)
• Severe liver problems leading to liver failure and inflammation of the brain.
• Muscle weakness
• Severe kidney problems
• Enlarged breasts in men
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
• Low levels of magnesium in the blood. This may cause weakness, being sick (vomiting),
cramps, tremor and changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmias). If you have very low levels of
magnesium, you may also have low levels of calcium and/or potassium in your blood.
• Inflammation of the gut (leading to diarrhoea).
• Rash, possibly with pain in the joints.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects
not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via via the Yellow Card Scheme at
www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App
StoreBy reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
The active substance is esomeprazole. Each gastro-resistant capsules contains 20 mg esomeprazole (as magnesium trihydrate).
– The other ingredients are glycerol monostearate 40-55, hydroxypropylcellulose, hypromellose,
reddish-brown iron oxide (E172), yellow iron oxide (E172), magnesium stearate, methacrylic
acid ethylacrylate copolymer (1:1) dispersion 30 per cent, cellulose microcrystalline, synthetic
paraffin, macrogol 6000, polysorbate 80, crospovidone (Type A), sodium stearyl fumarate,
sugar spheres (sucrose and maize starch), talc, titanium dioxide (E171) and triethyl citrate (see
section 2, “Nexium Control contains sucrose and sodium”).
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and the blister after EXP.
The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 30°C.
Keep this medicine in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment
Please read before using the product
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Guardium Acid Reflux control tablets is for frequent acid reflux and heartburn sufferers. Frequent heartburn can be defined as heartburn symptoms being experienced twice a week or more in the last 4 week
Lanoxin PG Elixir – Digoxin Oral Solution 0.05mg/ml, 60ml Lanoxin PG Elixir is a digoxin oral solution 0.05mg/ml that is used to treat arrhythmias and heart failure. The active ingredient in the elixir, digoxin, belongs to a group of medicines called cardiac glycosides. Digoxin Oral Solution work by correcting irregular heartbeats and strengthening the force […]Learn More
PermaFoam tracheostomy Foam dressing is suitable for:
Testavan gel is used in men for testosterone replacement to treat various health problems caused by a lack of testosterone (male hypogonadism).Learn More
Tostran Gel: testosterone replacement therapyLearn More
The Regular Peristeen Plus system with balloon catheter 29141 ( without toilet bag ) contains everything you need to irrigate your bowel:
£139.50 – £230.00
£139.50 – £230.00