Kolanticon Gel (Dicycloverine Hydrochloride, Aluminium Hydroxide, Light Magnesium Oxide & Simeticone)
Kolanticon Gel contains an antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm), and antiflatulent (relieves wind) and antacids.
Out of stockCompare
WHAT KOLANTICON GEL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
• Kolanticon Gel contains an antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm), an antiflatulent (relieves wind)
• Kolanticon Gel is used to treat stomach complaints, such as irritable bowel syndrome, where there
are problems such as painful cramps, indigestion and flatulence (wind).
• It helps to relieve painful cramps by relaxing the muscles of the intestine. It helps to relieve
indigestion by reducing acidity, and relieve flatulence by bringing together all the small bubbles of gas
to form a large bubble which can be expelled.
How To Use
Adults and Children over 12 years old:
• Take two to four 5 ml spoonfuls (10 – 20 ml) every four hours if needed.
• Shake the bottle before use to mix the ingredients properly. Then measure out the amount you need
onto a 5 ml spoon and swallow the liquid.
If you take more than you should:
• If you accidentally take too much medicine you should talk to your doctor or go to your nearest
hospital casualty department straight away. Signs of overdose include (i.e. the following list is not
exhaustive): headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and blurred vision.
If you forget to take Kolanticon Gel:
• If you forget to take your medicine at the correct time, do not worry. Do not take twice as much next
time. Just take your medicine as soon as you remember and carry on as before.
Do not take Kolanticon Gel if:
• You are allergic to any of the active substances or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
(listed in section 6)
• You have difficulty passing urine because of an enlarged prostate or other condition
• You have ulcerative colitis or other conditions affecting movement of food through the gastrointestinal
• You have myasthenia gravis (a very rare muscle disease)
• You have glaucoma (a condition involving increased pressure within the eye resulting in poor vision)
• You have kidney failure.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Kolanticon Gel if:
• You have or have had kidney problems
• You have a low phosphate diet
• You have existing or you have been advised that there is a risk of you developing bone problems
(such as osteomalacia)
• You have a hiatus hernia (a condition with symptoms such as acid or food regurgitation)
• You have porphyria (an inherited condition causing skin blisters, abdominal pain and brain or nervous
system disorders) and are undergoing haemodialysis.
• You are taking one of a group of antibiotics called tetracyclines
Other medicines and Kolanticon Gel:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines,
in particular antibiotics (e.g. tetracycline, ciprofloxacin, rifampicin), ACE inhibitors, anticoagulants,
digoxin, levothyroxine, ketoconazole, penicillamine or biphosphonates.
Kolanticon Gel should not be taken at the same time as other medicines. This is because Kolanticon
Gel may affect the absorption of other medicines or the way they work; you may be advised to leave a
gap between taking some medicines and Kolanticon. You may check the instructions for your other
medicines and ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking Kolanticon.
Avoid taking ascorbic acid (vitamin C) or any preparations containing a citrate salt, e.g. potassium
citrate, at the same time as Kolanticon, as they may increase the amount of aluminium absorbed by
your body and the chance of side-effects
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask
your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Kolanticon Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Possible side effects include:
• dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, difficulty passing urine
• in people taking excessive doses or following a low phosphate diet: low phosphate levels in the
blood, high calcium levels in the urine, risk of bones becoming softer.
• hypermagnesaemia (a high level of magnesium in the blood). Signs and symptoms can include low
blood pressure, slow heart rate, slow and shallow breathing, muscle weakness
What Kolanticon Gel contains:
The active ingredients are: Each 5 ml spoonful of Kolanticon Gel contains: 2.5 mg dicycloverine
hydrochloride, 200 mg aluminium hydroxide, 100 mg magnesium oxide and 20 mg simeticone.
The other ingredients are: Magnesium sulphate, methylcellulose 450, benzyl alcohol, sodium lauryl
sulphate, saccharin sodium, alcohol 95%, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate,
butyl parahydroxybenzoate, citric acid, oil of cinnamon, peppermint oil, oil of spearmint, oil of cedar
leaf, oil of nutmeg, eucalyptol, menthol and demineralised water
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
Relieve constipation and maintain regularity.
Chewable or Dissolves in the mouth
Suitable for Adults and Children Over 12 YearsLearn More
Remove the grease and oil that can cause spots,
Prevents build up of dead skin cells, leave great looking, shine free skin.
Guard against over-dry skinLearn More
FREE OF CHEMICALS
Acts solely through the effects of concentrated heat
Quick and easy to use | Dermatologically tested
Patented technologyLearn More
Phorpain 5% Gel is used for the relief of pain and inflammation associated with conditions such as: