Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets provide relief from the symptoms of colds and flu including nasal congestion, sinus pain, pressure and congestion, headaches, fever, sore throat, aches and pains.
The tablets contain paracetamol which is a pain killer and pseudoephedrine which is a decongestant
– Get relief from the symptoms of colds and flu.
– Relieves nasal congestion, sinus pain, pressure and congestion, headaches, fever, sore throat, aches and pains.
– Feel better in just a few hours
Most people catch a cold or the flu at some time in their life, but they don’t usually need to see a GP. The symptoms will often go away within 1 to 2 weeks without treatment. Most colds are caused by viruses, which means antibiotics won’t help
Colds and flu are very similar. The main difference is that it’s possible with a cold to have a cough, whereas with flu you can’t – but they often occur together. A cold usually lasts around 7 to 10 days, while the flu normally only lasts 3 or 4 days
Cold and flu viruses spread easily from person to person on tiny drops of moisture released into the air when someone infected coughs or sneezes. You may be more likely to get ill if you’re run down or stressed as your body will find it harder to fight off infection at this time
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding
After using Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
The price of Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets is £
You can buy Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets at Dock Pharmacy Essex UK, UK Online Pharmacy.
Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Contac Cold & Flu Dual Relief Tablets but you might be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket.
For oral use.
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged 16 years and over:
2 tablets to be taken every four to six hours as required for symptom relief.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not take more frequently than every 4 hours.
• Do not take for more than 7 days.
• Do not give to children under 16 years of age.
• Do not take more than the stated dose.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
If you take too many tablets
Talk to a doctor at once if you take too much of this medicine even if you feel well. This is because too much paracetamol can cause delayed, serious liver damage.
Do not take Contac Non Drowsy:
If you have ever had an allergic reaction to pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, paracetamol or to
any of the other ingredients (listed in Section 6).
• If you have high blood pressure or heart disease.
• If you have kidney problems.
• If you have an overactive thyroid gland, enlarged prostate, diabetes, glaucoma or phaeochromocytoma
(tumour of the adrenal gland).
• If you are taking appetite suppressants or stimulant drugs called amphetamines (sometimes used
to treat ADHD).
• If you have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) e.g. moclobemide, prescribed for depression in the last two weeks.
• If you are taking medicines to control your blood pressure (e.g. beta blockers like atenolol).
Do not take with any other paracetamol-containing products.
Do not take with any other flu, cold or decongestant product.
• Do not drive if the medicine makes you feel dizzy.
Reduction of blood flow to your optic nerve may occur with Contac Non Drowsy. If you develop sudden loss of
vision, stop taking Contac Non Drowsy and contact your doctor or seek medical attention immediately.
Ask your doctor before you take this medicine:
• If you have liver problems or an irregular heartbeat.
If you are taking other medicines
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking these tablets if you are taking any prescribed medicines;
particularly metoclopramide or domperidone (for nausea [feeling sick] or vomiting [being sick]) or
colestyramine (to lower blood cholesterol), or if you take blood thinning drugs (anti-coagulants e.g.
warfarin), or medicines to control your blood pressure (e.g. alpha or beta blockers, or methyldopa)
or medicines for depression e.g. tricyclic antidepressants).
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Do not take Contac Non Drowsy if you are pregnant or breast feeding unless your doctor tells you to.
This medicine contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23 mg) per tablet, that is to say essentially
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this medicine after the ‘EXP’ date shown on the pack. Do not store above 25°C
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Contac Non Drowsy Dual Relief can have side effects, but not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may occur:
• Nervousness, difficulty sleeping
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dry mouth
• Agitation, restlessness
• Tachycardia, palpitations
• Hallucinations have been reported rarely.
Stop using this product and consult your doctor immediately if you experience:
• Sudden severe headache
• Difficulty passing urine. This is more likely to occur if you have an enlarged prostate gland
• Allergic reactions such as skin rash, itching sometimes with breathing problems or swelling of the
lips, tongue, throat or face
• Skin rash or peeling or mouth ulcers
• Breathing problems. These are more likely if you have experienced them before when taking
other painkillers (such as ibuprofen and aspirin)
• Unexplained bruising and bleeding
• Nausea, sudden weight loss, loss of appetite and yellowing of the eyes and skin.
• Reduced blood flow to the optic nerve (Ischaemic optic neuropathy) (frequency Not known)
Please read before using the product
Active ingredient Each tablet contains Paracetamol 500 mg and Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 30 mg.
Other ingredients Cellulose microcrystalline (E 460), colloidal anhydrous silica (E 551), stearic acid (E 570),
magnesium stearate (E 572), starch pregelatinised, povidone, crospovidone, croscarmellose sodium (E 468),
hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (E 464), macrogol, carnauba wax (E 903), indigo carmine (E 132).
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
Vicks Sinex Decongestant Nasal Spray Solution (Sorbitol And Aloe Vera), For Children And Adults Aged 12 Years And Over For Clear And Easy Breathing For Up To 8 Hours By One Or Two Sprays Into Each Nostril For Fast And Soothing Relief From A Blocked Nose, Due To: Common Cold, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, AllergiesLearn More