Canesten Fungal Infection Cream is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal nappy rash and fungal sweat rash. It is also used to relieve irritation of the vulva (external female thrush) or the end of the penis, which may be associated with male thrush.
The active substance in Canesten Antifungal Cream is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin infections
You can help the treatment to work if you follow these simple self-help tips:
• Although the infected area will itch, try not to scratch. Scratching will damage the surface of the skin and cause the infection to spread further.
• Keep the affected skin areas clean.
• Pay particular attention to drying the skin, but avoid excessive rubbing.
• Do not share towels, bath mats, etc. with other people as you could spread the infection to them.
• Always wash your hands after treating the infection to prevent it from spreading.
If you have athlete’s foot:
• Remember to dry the skin between the toes thoroughly.
• Wash your socks, stockings, and tights thoroughly in hot water to remove any shed skin or fungal spores.
• Change your footwear daily if possible
Athlete’s foot is a common fungal infection that affects the feet. You can usually treat it with creams, sprays or powders from a pharmacy, but it can keep coming back.
One of the main symptoms of an Athlete’s foot is itchy white patches between your toes.
It can also cause sore and flaky patches on your feet.
The skin can look red, but this may be less noticeable on brown or black skin.
Sometimes the skin on your feet may become cracked or bleed.
Athlete’s feet can also affect the soles or sides of your feet. It sometimes causes fluid-filled blisters.
Ringworm is a common fungal infection. It’s not caused by worms. You can usually buy medicine from a pharmacy to treat it.
The main symptom of ringworm is a rash. It may look red, silver, or darker than the surrounding skin, depending on your skin tone.
The rash may be scaly, dry, swollen, or itchy.
Ringworm can appear anywhere on the body, including the scalp (tinea capitis) and groin (jock itch).
It can be passed on through close contact
Thrush is a common yeast infection that affects men and women. It’s usually harmless but it can be uncomfortable and keep coming back. It is not classed as a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Thrush can affect other areas of skin, such as the armpits, groin, and between the fingers.
This usually causes a red, itchy or painful rash that scales over with white or yellow discharge. The rash may not be so obvious on darker skin.
Anyone who is pregnant or breastfeeding should not use Canesten Fungal Infection Cream without speaking to a doctor or Dock Pharmacy pharmacist
After using Canesten Fungal Infection Cream, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked, or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
Canesten Fungal Infection Cream is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Canesten Antifungal Cream but you might be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket.
You can buy Canesten Fungal Infection Cream at Dock Pharmacy Essex UK, UK Online Pharmacy.
If Canesten Antifungal Cream has been prescribed for you by your doctor, follow any instructions he/she may have given you. If you purchased this product without a prescription, follow these directions closely:
• Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
• If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream.
• Canesten Antifungal Cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
• A strip of cream (1/2 cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
• The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Generally a minimum of two weeks is required, although up to four weeks may be necessary.
• If you have athlete’s foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or
pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of skin infection, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor
BEFORE YOU USE CANESTEN®
Do not use Canesten® Antifungal Cream:
• If you (or your baby if treating nappy rash) are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol, of Canesten Antifungal Cream.
Important information about some of the
This product contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin irritation (e.g. rash, itching or redness).
As with other creams, Canesten Antifungal Cream may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, if you are using this cream on the vulva or penis, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Fungal Infection Cream. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
Like all medicines, Canesten Antifungal Cream can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. As with all medicines, some people may be allergic to the cream. If you or your baby are allergic, a reaction will occur soon after you start using it. If you or your baby experience an allergic reaction, stop using Canesten Antifungal Cream and tell your doctor straight away or contact the Accident
and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital. Signs of an allergic reaction may include:
• Swallowing or breathing problems.
• Swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
• Weakness, feeling dizzy or faint.
After you apply the cream you might experience:
• Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling, irritation, redness or peeling of skin.
Clotrimazole 1% w/w.
Excipient with known effect: cetostearyl alcohol
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.
• Easy to use
• As effective as physiotherapy
• Small and lightweight
• Suitable for both adults and children
• Easy to clean
They may be used to treat:
£5.60 – £68.60
£5.60 – £68.60