Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets contain ibuprofen, which belongs to a group of medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). These medicines work by changing how the body responds to pain, swelling and high temperature.
Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets is an everyday painkiller for a range of aches and pains, including back pain, period pain, toothache. It also treats inflammation such as strains and sprains, and pain from arthritis.
Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets is used to relieve:
• rheumatic and muscular pain, backache
• neuralgia (nerve pain)
• headache, migraine
• dental pain, period pain
• fever (high temperature)
• the symptoms of colds and flu.
You should start to feel better 20 to 30 minutes after taking ibuprofen by mouth.
For some types of long-term pain, you’ll need to take ibuprofen regularly for up to 3 weeks for it to work properly.
You may need to take ibuprofen for longer if you have a long-term health problem, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
If you need to take ibuprofen for more than 6 months, your doctor may prescribe a medicine to protect your stomach from any side effects.
f you still need ibuprofen after taking it for 10 days check with your doctor before continuing.
It’s safe to take ibuprofen regularly for many years if your doctor prescribes it, and as long as you do not take more than the recommended dosage.
If you need to take ibuprofen by mouth for a long time and you’re at risk of getting a stomach ulcer, your doctor may prescribe a medicine to help protect your stomach.
Do not take ibuprofen 200mg tablets if you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy. Talk to your doctor before taking ibuprofen tablets if you are in the first 6 months of pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
After using Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets, it’s helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received have helped the condition it is claimed for, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
You can buy Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets at Dock Pharmacy Essex UK, UK Online Pharmacy.
Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets is available to buy over the counter.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
Take 1 to 2 tablets up to 3 times a day, as required. Swallow
tablets with a glass of water preferably with or after food. Do
not take more often than every 4 hours. Do not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours.
This medicine is for short-term use only
• Take the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration necessary to relieve symptoms
In Adults: Do not take Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets for longer than 10 days unless your doctor tells you to. Talk to a doctor or pharmacist if you do not get better or get worse, or if new symptoms occur.
In Children and Adolescents between 12 and 18 years: If in children and adolescents this medicinal product is required for more than 3
days, or if symptoms worsen, a doctor should be consulted.
Do not give to children under 12 years
Do not take Ibuprofen tablets if you
• are allergic (hypersensitive), or have had an allergic reaction to, ibuprofen, any other NSAID, aspirin, or to any of the other ingredients in this medicine (listed in section 6). Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include swollen eyelids, lips, tongue, or throat
• have ever had a worsening of symptoms of asthma (breathing difficulty), hayfever (runny, itchy and inflamed nose with
sneezing), urticaria (an itchy rash), or angioedema (swelling under the skin) when taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar
• currently have or have had a stomach ulcer or bleeding in the stomach on two previous occasions
• have ever had perforation or bleeding of the gut when taking any NSAID
• suffer from severe liver, kidney or heart problems
• are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
• have abnormal bleeding or problems with abnormal bruising
• are currently taking mifamurtide (a medicine used to treat bone cancer)
Warnings and precautions
Take special care with Ibuprofen tablets if you
• are elderly, as you may be more prone to side effects
Please see leaflet for full list
Please read before using the product
Like all medicines, Ibuprofen 200mg tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If any side effects become serious or if you notice any side effects that are not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or
pharmacist. You can minimise the risk of side effects by taking the least amount of tablets for the shortest amount of time
necessary to control your symptoms. (Drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms):
A severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome can occur. Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph
nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells.)
STOP TAKING Ibuprofen Tablets and seek immediate medical help if you experience:
• Signs of aseptic meningitis such as severe headache, high temperature, stiffness of the neck or intolerance to bright light.
• Signs of intestinal bleeding such as Passing blood in your faeces
Passing black tarry stools
Vomiting any blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
TELL YOUR DOCTOR AND STOP TAKING IBUPROFEN TABLETS IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
• Unexplained stomach pain (abdominal pain) or other abnormal stomach symptoms, indigestion, heartburn, feeling sick and/or vomiting.
• Unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath, skin rash, itching or bruising (these may be symptoms of an allergic reaction).
• Yellowing of the eyes and/or skin (jaundice).
• Severe sore throat with high fever (these may be symptoms of a condition known as agranulocytosis).
• Blurred or disturbed vision (visual impairment) or seeing/hearing strange things (hallucinations).
• Fluid retention e.g. swollen ankles (this may be a sign of kidney problems).
• Severe spreading skin rash (Stevens – Johnson Syndrome and erythema multiforme, symptoms include severe skin rash, blistering of skin, including inside mouth, nose, and genitals, as well as skin peeling which may be accompanied with symptoms such as aching, headaches, and feverishness).
Medicines such as Ibuprofen Tablets have been associated with a small increased risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction) or
Medicines such as Ibuprofen Tablets have in exceptional cases been associated with severe skin problems for patients with chicken pox or shingles.
Blood disorders, kidney problems, liver problems or severe skin reactions may occur rarely with ibuprofen.
Very rarely Ibuprofen Tablets may cause aseptic meningitis (inflammation of the protective membrane surrounding the
Ibuprofen has also been shown to sometimes worsen the symptoms of Crohn’s disease or colitis.
What is in this medicine:
The active ingredient is: Ibuprofen 200mg per coated tablet.
The other ingredients are: Lactose, Starch, Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycollate, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica,
Magnesium Stearate, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide (E171).
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.